Thursday, May 29, 2008

Simple Pleasures - Day 1

I think an important part of being happy in life is taking enjoyment in the simple pleasures. I've noticed a few in the last few days and decided what better way to acknowledge them than to post them on my blog. So here it goes...

1. Treating oneself to a nice meal in the middle of the day. Not an expensive one, necessarily, but a nice one where you actually sit down in the restaurant and order from a waiter and relax and not have to think about work for a few minutes.

2. Breathing fresh air after a long day of work in an office at a desk behind a computer.

3. Driving a really cool red Mustang!

4. Having a home cooked meal ready and waiting for you when you get home from work! (The perks to living with one's parents before they've left on their mission.)

... to be continued

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post Janet, but for simple pleasures, you can't leave off long soaks in a hot bathtub. Just about the ultimate pleasure--ok I guess it could be better if there were also chocolate involved...

Janet Lee said...

I'm not a huge hot bath fan. I get bored. Plus, I'm too tall and I can't lay down. It's not so fun when half your body is sticking out of bath getting cold. Now if it was an oversized bathtub, then maybe. But yes, most anything chocolate is a definate simple pleasure. But I didn't have any yesterday so that's why I didn't list it. But just wait!!! It will definately show up on up on some future list of simple pleasures.

Grandma Turtle said...

What a fun list of Simple Pleasures. :) If you ever get this way, may I please have a ride in your Red Mustang? I won't even beg for ice cream cones while riding in it. Do you let your passengers eat in your new car yet? I don't blame you if you don't! I hate sticky/greasy messes in the car.