Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thankgoodness for Working from Home!!!

So this is how I felt yesterday. (Except
brunette, not blond.) Work is just a little busy for me right now. I have quite a few projects that I'm trying to juggle to make sure they all get done. And then my boss is organizing a business forum for June, which is really quite a big deal, and is on caffiene overload while planning all the details and everytime he comes into the office and says, "I've been thinking..." I feel dread and panic knowing that his "thinking" is going to add to my already bulging list of projects I have to do. So by the end of yesterday I was frazzled, exhausted and just wanted to go home. But my stressful day didn't end there. Oh no. It kept on going. So I take CalTrain to and from the city. San Francisco is the last stop on the northbound trains, so if I fall asleep... no worries. But if I fall asleep on the way home... well, let's just say I really try not to. But after my exhausting day yesterday, it happened. I fell asleep. And for a while I was doing OK. Everytime we came into a station I would wake up to see where we were. But as fate would have it, I didn't wake up at my station until we were leaving it. So I got off at the next station and instead of having a 15 minute walk home I had a 1 HOUR walk home. 3 HOURS, people!!! 3 HOURS is what it took me to get home last night. So needless to say after my day commuting into the city yesterday, I decided to work from home today. Ahhhh!!!! I am so grateful that I have this option. There have been days where I litterally work in my pajamas and still in my bed. I try not to do it too often because I am much more productive if I'm in the office. But after a day like yesterday... I need this kind of break.

No comments: